Is God calling you to serve in this area of His Church? Do you want to play a part in helping our children to grow spiritually? Below are opportunities for you to serve with your specific gifts and interests. If you are interested in serving, please fill out the
*Our amazing Children’s Ministry Team meets twice a year to celebrate, learn, and be encouraged. Attendance is required. In addition, all adult volunteers must provide PA state-mandated background clearances:
Note: the first three clearances are required by PA state law from volunteers over the age of 18. The last one is optional, but is in the best interest of our children and the volunteers.
- State Police Background Check (cost: Free) https://epatch.state.pa.us
- Child Abuse History Clearance (cost: Free) https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis
– NOTE: Choose “Volunteer” from the option list on the form
- FBI Fingerprint (cost: $25.75) https://www.identogo.com/ OR
– If you have been a resident of Pennsylvania for more than 10 years, you can sign (in the presence of a Children’s Ministry leader) this document instead of being fingerprinted.
- State Mandated Reporting Training www.reportabusepa.pitt.edu
Available Volunteer Positions in Children’s Ministries:
The Nursery Lead position is an opportunity to minister to parents and their newborns through two-and-a-half year olds. The Lead is asked to maintain the monthly volunteer schedule for Nursery volunteers, participate and contribute in monthly Children’s Ministry Leadership team meetings (where there is ALWAYS chocolate!), and communicate with their team on a regular basis.
Requirements: Must be a member of Living Hope and at least 18 years old.
Elementary Small Group Leader
Elementary Small Group Leaders invest in a small group of children (either 3rd-6th grade or Kdg-2nd grade) in order to encourage each child’s personal faith in Christ. Each Sunday you serve, you will greet the children and lead them in an opening activity, sit with them during Large group worship and Bible story, and then spend time in small group in prayer and an activity (a lesson plan and all supplies will be provided). It is also encouraged that you pray for your students, seek them out each Sunday, greet them, ask them about their week, etc.
Requirements: Must be at least 15 years old.
Preschool teachers facilitate activities and teach a Bible lesson to the 2.5-5 year olds.
Requirements: Must be 18 years old
Preschool assistants aid the preschool teacher with the lesson, activities, and snack.
Requirements: Must be at least 18.